Caring for your curls is extremely important, and one of the most essential steps in any curly hair girl’s routine is hydration. Curly hair loses moisture faster than straight hair because of its shape, which is why you need to condition your hair properly.
Many women come to us with concerns they have regarding their curly hair. The most common problem we see is dullness, uneven curl patterns, and dryness. The best way to solve these is with proper hydration, which starts from the inside and out. Like with anything, make sure to drink enough water throughout the day every day, but also make sure to use a deep moisturizing conditioner (we recommend Be My Curl) to really hydrate your hair and scalp.
Hydration will fix the dull look of dry hair along with giving your curls an even pattern, so you can take full advantage of your beautiful hair! Remember, curly hair is unique, your curls are a part of you, so treat them with care.
Simple Curly Hair Regime:
- Use a non-sulfite hydrating shampoo and conditioner
- While in the shower, apply Be My Curl Primer layered with a hydrating gel from Be My Curl.
- Blot out the excess water and product with a microfiber towel or a cotton t-shirt.
- Air dry or use a diffuser to softly dry and enhance your curls
- Apply a hair mask once or twice per week, depending on your curls needs.
- Detangle your hair when wet using your fingers.
Looking for a salon for your curly hair?
Salon Nirvana 954 offers curly hair services, so be sure to check us out for all your curly hair needs. As a curly-haired woman myself, I understand how difficult it can be to find a salon to cut and style curly hair. I love my curls, and I want you to love yours. Come in or call for a consultation and discover how we can create the look you want, all while using organic, holistic, and toxin-free products.