You hear it all the time, but for some reason, it is a hard rule to follow. We are talking about washing your hair. Just like all the beauticians say, it is not a good idea to wash your hair every day. The longer periods you wait in between, the better. But is there a secret trick when it comes to waiting longer between washes? The experts at Salon Nirvana 954 say yes. We are here to inform you the key to avoid washing hair everyday. We offer the best hair stylist in Fort Lauderdale.
One Can Only Dream
Imagine if you never had to wash your hair again? Unfortunately that isn’t quite doable but stretching out the gap between washes definitely is. If you’re someone who shampoos every day then you’re going to have a long way to go but it’ll be totally worth it and could help to improve your hair health too. You can trust the best hairstylist in Fort Lauderdale.
Tips and Trick to Avoid Washing Hair Everyday
Just follow these simple steps and in no time you will be on the road to healthier, more vibrant hair.
- Pick the right shampoo
- Over-stripping or overloading your hair with shampoo will only make it more greasy so you need to choose one that will gently cleanse your hair without throwing it off balance. You definitely want to avoid sulfates or clarifying shampoos as they will strip all the oil from your scalp and make it produce even more. The same goes for heavy, oil-based shampoos that create a lot of product buildup and weigh down your hair.
- Don’t condition your roots. It’s important to use the least amount of product on your scalp as possible to avoid weighing down your hair if you want it to last longer between washes. Conditioners can be quite heavy, so you really want to keep them on the mid-lengths and ends and avoid your roots.
- Spend more time on your blow-dry
- Restyling your hair will make it greasy way quicker so getting your look down on day one will make a huge difference. A classic bouncy blow-dry will set your hair in place and give it some extra volume which is perfect for disguising oily roots, so this is a good go to. You also want to use a blow dry balm or a heat protectant with some hold to prep your hair so that it has the best chance of lasting.
- Prep your hair for bed
- There’s no point in spending hours on a blow-dry or styling your hair if you’re just going to ruin it in your sleep. Re-styling every morning will make your roots more greasy so it’s worth prepping it right to avoid the hassle. It’s also best to tie your hair in a low pony or bun using a scrunchie as they don’t leave kinks. Alternatively, you can twist your hair up into a really high bun for loads of volume in the morning or a very loose braid to preserve your curls. You might want to switch to a silk pillowcase too as they’re way less drying than cotton ones and won’t make your scalp produce more oil.
- Don’t touch it
- Now is a good time to stop. Touching your hair transfers the oils from your fingers onto your hair so it’ll get greasy a lot faster if you keep playing with it.
- Dry shampoo in the evening
- If you’re looking to go longer between washes, then you’re definitely going to need some dry shampoo! Rather than applying it in the morning though you want to do it the night before so that it has loads of time to sink in and do its magic. This will also help to give your hair more volume, and you won’t be left with any white residue either.
- Brush it
- Brushing helps to distribute the oils from your scalp down the lengths of your hair to keep your roots looking fresh. You don’t want to overdo this but once or twice a day in the morning or evening is perfect. The best thing to use is a boar bristle brush as it really helps to shift the oils from your scalp and is nice and gentle on your locks.
- Nail the 3rd-day hairstyles
- Some hairstyles work better with 3rd-day hair and will help to disguise your roots and work with the texture. Sleek hairstyles like a low bun or a glossy pony are perfect as they work with the shine of your hair and don’t require a lot of volume. Braids are also an excellent shout as they help to build texture which will disguise your roots.
Visit Us Today
Our experts are here to teach you how to take care of your hair properly. The biggest takeaway: avoid washing hair every day. If you are looking for the best organic hair products, we know just what you need. Salon Nirvana 954 is here for you, Miami. Call or contact us today for more information. We are the best hairstylist in Fort Lauderdale.